KIT UJIAN DARAH HEPATITIS C
What is Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C is an inflammation of the liver due to a viral infection. The virus that causes the infection is called hepatitis C virus (HCV). A person contracts the hepatitis C virus by coming into contact with infectious fluids and secretions from someone else who is already infected with hepatitis C virus.
The Hepatitis C Rapid Test Kit detect Hepatitis C Virus Antibody in serum / plasma / whole blood. HCV is a single stranded positive sense RNA virus, which belongs to the family of Flaviviridae. Hepatitis C is caused by HCV is an infectious disease with liver as a target organ, same Hepatitis B.
Generally positive results may occur 2 – 6 months after the attack, while some positive results occur 12 months later.
How does a person get hepatitis C?
- You share needles and other equipment used to inject illegal drugs.
- You had a blood transfusion or organ transplant.
- You get a shot with a needle that has infected blood on it.
- You get a tattoo or a piercing with a needle that has infected blood on it.
- Hepatitis C (HCV) is spread through contact with an infected person’s blood — which may be present because of genital sores or cuts or menstruation.
Is Hep C sexually transmitted disease?
Hepatitis C (HCV) and also Hepatitis B is spread through contact with an infected person’s blood — which may be present because of genital sores or cuts or menstruation. HCV has been detected with greater-than-average frequency among people who have a history of sexual promiscuity — which can be defined as a history of a sexually
Storage and Expiry
Store as packaged in the sealed pouch at 4-30°C, avoid hot and sunshine, dry place, valid for 24 months.
DO NOT FREEZE. Some protective measures should be taken in hot summer and cold winter to avoid high temperature or freeze-thaw.
Instructions must be read entirely before taking the test. Allow the test device controls to equilibrate to room temperature for 30 minutes (20℃-30℃) prior to testing. Do not open the inner packaging until ready, it must be used in one hour if opened (Humidity: 20%~90%, Temp: 10℃-50℃)
1. Take off the outer packing, put the strip/cassette onto the desk with the sample window up.
2. Drop 1 drops (25μl) of serum/plasma/whole blood vertically into the sample hole of cassette. Add about 2 drop of buffer (80-100μl) sample buffer into the sample hole of cassette.
3. Observe the test results immediately within 10-20 minutes, the result is invalid over 20 minutes.
POSITIVE: Two distinct red lines appear. One line should be in the control region (C) and the other line should be in the test region (T).
NEGATIVE: One red line appears in the control region(C). No apparent red or pink line appears in the test region (T).
INVALID: No red lines appear or control line fails to appear, indicating that the operator error or reagent failure. Verify the test procedure and repeat the test with a new testing device.
1. The test result is invalid over 20 minutes.
2. The strength of the quality control line doesn’t indicate the quality problem of the reagent, a test result that is clearly visible demonstrates the reagent is effective.
3. If the filtration speed is very slow or even no filtration occurs, please change the sample and test again.
4. Do not use other kinds of quality control sample to test the reagent. Components of different batches cannot be exchanged for use to avoid erroneous results.